TinyButStrong - the PHP Template Engine
Categories > TinyButStrong general >

TBS Cutting out HTML

By: BWM
Date: 2016-08-27
Time: 02:53

TBS Cutting out HTML

I have been using TBS for a while now (3.8.1) and I have never ran into this problem. Not sure what the issue is. Maybe someone can help. Everything concerning data works fine but when I look at the source of the final html I notice that all html after the merged data gets stripped out. Here is the path to the site: http://mwic.mauiwowi.com/dev-agenda.php. View the source and you will see what I am referring to. Besides the obvious ending html and body tags missing there is a closing div missing. This is messing up my page. Any thoughts on why this might be happening? Any feed back would be great. Appreciate it.
By: Skrol29
Date: 2016-09-01
Time: 01:26

Re: TBS Cutting out HTML

Hi,

The URL is not working.
By: BWM
Date: 2016-09-01
Time: 21:01

Re: TBS Cutting out HTML

You are correct. I made some changes to get this to work and in doing so I removed it from dev. Essentially I used an older version of TBS and split the processing up into two different functions. That is the only way I could get it to work. Before I was using a new version of TBS with sub template and one function. Data was coming out fine but was removing html from the page. 

That said I have set the pages back up. One that is working correctly with old (TBS 3.1.1) and one that isn't working correctly with (TBS 3.10.1) which is the same issue I was having with with (TBS 3.8.1). I went through and tested it with every release. Looks like 3.2.0 is where the problems starts. But again I am using 3.8.1 in numerous other places and I don't have this problem.

The difference between these links is the footer at the bottom is being cut off which sits outside the php/TBS processing as an include.

Not working | http://mwic.mauiwowi.com/dev-agenda.php | 3.2.0 - 3.10.1
working | http://mwic.mauiwowi.com/agenda.php | 3.1.1

By: TomH
Date: 2016-09-04
Time: 06:48

Re: TBS Cutting out HTML

It's not possible, for me at least, to diagnose your code by looking at the processed html results page by itself.

I'd suggest you create a minimalist test case, of the 3.10.1 version that reproduces the "does not work" case.

Then cut and paste both the .php file code and the template code files -- using the "code" tags as instructed for this forum -- into this forum thread.

Thanks